Home building and renovating course in Sydney.
The average Sydney home renovation costs significantly more than the average annual income, so why take chances? This Sydney course will help you to avoid the many pitfalls associated with home renovation and help ensure that your project is both on time and on budget. In this course you will learn how to choose a design solution which best meets your needs, how to obtain specialist advice and steer your project through the local council planning approval process, how to select a builder, get a competitive price for your building work and ensure that building work is properly constructed and completed to a quality standard you can be proud of.
- Clarifying your needs | * Establishing your project budget | * Preparing your project program | * Knowing your site and its context | * Working with existing buildings | * Negotiating the approval process | * Identifying the problems | * Clarifying your intentions | * Preparing a strategy | * Developing a plan | * Communicating your intentions | * Finding the right builder | * Understanding building contracts
The content will be exchanged through a combination of:
- Brief whole group discussions facilitated by presenter
- Small group discussions feeding back to the whole group
- Sharp focus on individual students' project status and requirements
- Worksheet handouts for use by participants during each session
Specifically, the course is intended to assist participants in preparing for their building project, by addressing the following questions:
- How can I maximise my property’s potential?
- How can I be confident about the design for my project?
- How much could my building project really cost?
- How long will it take to complete my project?
- How can I make sure that the Council will approve my project?
- How will I know when to seek professional help?
- How can I find the right builder for my project?
- Is a building project really the answer to my problem?
The intended Learning Outcomes for this course are as follows.
By the end of the Home Building and Renovating Class, students will have:
- Gained an understanding of home building and renovating as an integrated process through which needs are questioned and refined by a thorough consideration of all constraints and opportunities.
Please bring to class
- A notepad and pen.
Avoid disappointment – enrol early
Please ensure you have given a valid e-mail address and mobile number as all course changes will be communicated via sms or e-mail.