Learn to create webpages using HTML5 and CSS in Sydney.
In this face-to-face classes you will learn how to grab the HTML bull by its TAGs and make your web pages work. Hypertext Markup Language is still the most used way of setting up webpages. Whether you want to develop a site for personal use or present your organisation to the World. Now at HTML5 and coupled with Cascading Style Sheet V3 a first time developer needs to understand the basics before moving onto a WYSIWYG program such as Adobe Dreamweaver or a programming environment such as Eclipse.
Good layout design and coding practices make this course essential to the beginner web page developer.
- What makes a website work?
- First webpage for a wesite
- HTML Code is rendered by your broswer – You have to get it right!
- The essential tags from the document model
- Site visuals in CSS3
- Navigation essentials – Menu
- Understanding selectors in CSS
- Forms in HTML5
- Differences between div and span
- Form extras
- Multi-Column layout
- Introducing graphics and sound to your page
- Where to next with HTML5?
By the end of this course it is intended that students will:
- understand the layout of an HTML web page
- understand the Document Object Model
- be able to integrate different data (sound/graphics) into a page
Please bring to class
- Your own laptop
This course has been written from a Windows point of view as that is still the dominant system used in commerce/business. The elements of software required are all free and easily obtainable via download. Course notes are comprehensive and provided by instructor in PDF form.
Avoid disappointment. Enrol early.
Please ensure that you have given a valid email and mobile number as all course changes will be communicated via sms or email.