- Make a presentation (BSBCMM401A)
- Design and develop learning programs (TAEDES401A)
- Participate in assessment validation (TAEASS403B)
- Assess competence (TAEASS402B)
- Plan assessment activities and processes (TAEASS401B)
- Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning (TAEDEL401A)
- Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills (TAELLN411)
- Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs (TAEDES402A)
- Provide work skill instruction (TAEDEL301A)
- Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace (TAEDEL402A)
Learn TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course in Sydney.
Are you training and assessing in your workplace or looking for a role as a trainer and assessor? Whether you’re wanting to deliver training and assessment within the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector or use your skills in non-VET areas to equip others in their vocations, the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) is the MUST HAVE national qualification.
Delivered in the Sydney CBD over 10 Saturdays, this course is ideally suited for those with busy schedules and who want face-to-face training to get their qualification. There are two breaks in the training programme for self-study and a no-fee study day at the conclusion of training for students wishing to discuss assessment preparation with our staff.
Upgrade your skills and learn the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course in Sydney
March to May (10 face-to-face sessions and two breaks between sessions) 2017
- 4 and 11 March: Design Learning module;
- 18 March: Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) module;
- 1, 8, 22 and 29 April: Deliver Training module;
- 6, 13, 20 May: Workplace Assessment module;
These Saturday one-day training sessions are delivered from 9:30am to 4:30pm at our City Campus. Lead trainer is Kath Densham. Please note: 25 March and 15 April are breaks for at home study.
Units of Competency
This Certificate IV course is made up of 10 units of competency: 7 core and 3 electives.
Core Units in TAE programme of study:
- TAEDES401A Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402A Use training packages and accredited courses to meet clients needs
- TAEDEL401A Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402A Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEASS401B Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402B Assess competence
- TAEASS403B Participate in assessment validation
Elective Units in TAE programme of study:
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction;
- BSBCMM401A Make a presentation;
- TAELLN41 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills.
Before you enrol.
Please consider whether you are in a position to attend all ten training days AND have the time available to complete the class and work-based assessments.
- Unique Student Identifier (USI).
As of 1 January 2015 all students enrolled into a nationally recognised VET course will need to register for a Unique Student Identifier (USI). The USI will make it easier for students to find and collate their VET achievements. Creating a USI is free.
To create your USI, please follow the link below: http://usi.gov.au/create-your-USI/Pages/default.aspx
- Independent Study Required
Our tutors are highly motivating and enable you to complete some of the work in class. However, you will also need to spend time outside the classroom to complete most tasks and to prepare for in-class and work-based assessment for each of the modules. As work-based assessment requires the student, where possible, to apply their learning in the workplace, you should identify those who can assist you as soon as you can. To assist you to complete your tasks, there are two breaks in the training programme for self study and a no-fee study day at the conclusion of training for students wishing to discuss assessment preparation with our Lead Trainer and other SCC staff.
- Attendance and Photo ID
It is a requirement of this course that you attend ALL training days. If you are ill on a training day or have to attend to an urgent matter please advise Customer Service on 8752-7555.
Any student attending an accredited course must present photo ID at their first class. Attendance must be recorded by the student in writing on the roll held by the trainer.
In order to successfully complete this qualification you will need to finish all your in-class assessments in conjunction with your trainer and all your workplace-based assessments for the four modules. You have three months from the end of each module to complete and hand in your assessments. Generally, we find that if you attend all training days and stick to the deadlines you can complete your work within the three month course timetable.
- Location of Training
All classes held at 91 York Street Sydney within easy reach of transport.
- What to Bring to Class
Bring your laptop or tablet to use in class if you have one, otherwise writing materials. You will be given comprehensive manuals for each module and will need to bring these to class each week. A USB with all course module material is also provided.
Why choose Sydney Community College to complete your TAE40110
- highly experienced trainers and assessors with a track record of quality student completion rates
- course structure is designed to suit busy people seeking motivating and engaging face-to-face sessions
- ongoing student support outside the classroom via telephone and email and a special study day where students have access to SCC training staff
- quality manuals and training rooms
- Sydney CBD location with excellent transport connections
- Sydney Community College is a member of the not-for-profit Adult and Community Education sector in NSW, providing high standard and reputable registered training.
If you need further information, contact the College Support Team on 8752-7555.
Avoid disappointment. Enrol early.
Please ensure that you have given a valid email and mobile number as all course information will be communicated via sms or email.