Sculpture – Figure Sculpting course in Sydney.
This figure sculpting course is a life-modeling class designed for both beginning and advanced students interested in the human figure as a subject of art.
Sculpting directly in clay and working from a model, students study the body’s three-dimensional form with emphasis placed on the fundamental sculptural principles of proportion, volume and movement.
Students will learn about materials, images, discuss sculpting and undertake warm-up exercises with clay. Using various clay modelling techniques, students revolve around the model, sculpting from each new view. We will look at composition angles and volumes, structural integrity, contour, gesture, flow and weight.
By the end of this course you will have learned how to:
- model clay from life utilising additive and reductive techniques
- demonstrate several textural techniques used in surface treatment
- use clay modelling tools
- critique figure sculptures with consideration to composition, proportion, volume, weight, rhythm and texture
This course is designed for beginners and experienced students.
- Clay (Keanes White Raku)
- Tools for modelling clay
- Melanine board
Please bring to class
- Music on CD for listening
- Notebook for sketching and information
- Any clay modelling tools, knife, cutting wire, scoop, rubber kidney, wooden hand tools, finishing tools, dentistry tools
- A large floored strong box to transport your clay sculpture home safely
- Closed-in shoes required
- Please wear old clothes
- Long hair must be tied back
Students are eligible for a 10% discount at:
- Tillys Art Supplies, 661 Darling St, Rozelle
- Newtown Art Supplies, 15 Wilson St, Newtown
Just show a copy of your course enrolment confirmation.
Avoid disappointment. Enrol early.
Please ensure that you have given a valid email and mobile number as all course changes will be communicated via sms or email.