Learn how to make leadlight panels in Sydney.
In this hands-on course you learn how to construct your own leaded panel while you learn the elements of the craft such as glass cutting, leading, soldering and finishing your piece by cementing and polishing your panel.
Our tutor has 20 years of experience within the field. She is highly professional and excited to pass on her skills & knowledge to you.
Design your own work and google leadlight design and stained glass for additional inspiration or walk through neighbourhoods and look at existing designs.
If you wish to learn more you can enrol again and learn how to undertake more complex designs on a larger scale.
Materials and tools are extra and can be purchased at the class or at suppliers who’s names will be provided to you.
- Learn the basic elements of stained glass by making an extremely simple leadlight panel
- Learn how to design for stained glass and draw the “cutline” or working drawing
- Learn how to accurately cut glass to shape
- Learn how to “lead-up” or construct your stained glass composition
- Complete the leading of your stained glass composition
- Learn how to solder your stained glass composition
- Learn how to cement up or putty and then clean and polish your stained glass composition
By the end of this Stained Glass for Beginners Class the student will have:
- knowledge of the equipment and the materials used in stained glass and lead lighting
- knowledge of how to design and execute an individual stained glass composition on a small scale.
This course is designed for all levels.
Please bring to class
- Ideas and sketches for a design
- One 2B Pencil
- One soft eraser
- Several sheets of A4 paper (ordinary printing paper 80 gsm will do) for sketches
- An A3 cartridge paper sketchpad (optional)
- Small set square
- Ruler approx. 35cm long
- A Black art line 210 medium 0.6
- A tape measure
- Safety glasses
Remaining materials and tools required for the course will be discussed in the first week by the Tutor. Glass and tools will be available for purchase throughout the course and the addresses of suppliers will also be provided.
Please wear closed in shoes. Anyone in open-toed shoes will not be permitted to continue in the class. An apron or a throw-over shirt would be a good idea. Be prepared to get a little messy.
Students are eligible for 10% discount at Tilly’s Art Suppliers, Darling St, Rozelle.
Newtown Art Supplies, King St, Newtown (Just show copy of course enrolment confirmation).
Or try Chapel Art Supplies, 110 Johnson Lane. Annandale. Phone: 9660 1182 (for brushes and paper only).
Avoid disappointment. Enrol early.
Please ensure that you have given a valid email and mobile number as all course changes will be communicated via sms or email.